A Dementia Friend is someone who learns a little bit more about what it's like to live with dementia and then turns that understanding into action - anyone of any age can be a Dementia Friend.
Dementia Friends Champions are volunteers who talk to people about being a Dementia Friend in their community. It is easy to get involved. Dementia Friends Champions attend a training session, receive support as and when they need it and are part of a growing network of people creating dementia friendly communities together.
- Live in England or Wales
- Be of any age
- Attend a Dementia Friends' information session close to where you live, lasting about one hour
- Do something practical to help people living with dementia in your community
- Post your Dementia Friends action on the Dementia Friends website
- Genuinely have the time to run Dementia Friends information sessions and reach around 100 people
- Be over 18 years old
- Be a good communicator and speak objectively about dementia
- Enjoy talking to groups of people
- Have access to the internet and be willing to record the number of Friends you reach by the website
- Keen to set up information sessions in workplaces and your local community
- Enthusiastic about Dementia Friends
- Voluntarily attend a whole day training session